Train the Trainer Registration
Certified Arizona ACEs Trainers educate communities, both public and private, on the foundation, history, and impacts of both adverse childhood experiences that may contribute to negative adult health outcomes; and positive childhood experiences that promote resilience and flourishing. Trainers contribute by helping build trauma-responsive environments with resources, presentations, and the promotion of critical thinking about how our past and present experiences influence our families and communities at large.
The Training of Trainers includes:
- Training on the content of the Consortium Training Curricula, which includes:
- The science of ACEs, trauma and toxic stress
- The original ACEs study, its findings, and the ongoing evolution of ACEs data
- The impact of ACEs, trauma and toxic stress; including NEAR Science, epigenetics, intergenerational trauma, vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue
- Strategies for support
- The science of resilience, Positive Childhood Experiences and healing-centered engagement; and strategies that promote healing and resilience
- The principles of trauma informed care and supporting post-traumatic growth
- The importance of creating trauma-informed training environments that prioritize felt safety and self-regulation and acknowledge cultural responsiveness and historical trauma
- How to deliver engaging, interactive trainings in both in-person and virtual environments
- Understanding adult learning styles to create optimal learning experiences for participants
- Understanding needs of the participants and adapting delivery of content and activities that support participants’ understanding of ACEs, trauma and resilience
After completing the five-day virtual Training of Trainers and signing the trainer agreement, Certified ACEs Trainers will:
- Gain access to the robust Arizona ACEs Consortium Certified Trainers Site, which includes all training materials (PowerPoints and handouts), resource materials for trainings and ongoing professional learning resources.
- Have the option to be listed on our Arizona ACEs website as a Certified ACEs Trainers
- Gain access to a wide range of trainer supports including the Arizona ACEs Consortium Certified Trainer Community of Practice, one-on-one coaching support to enhance training and a private, online Trainer Support Network
- Be certified by the Arizona ACEs Consortium to train communities on the Arizona ACEs Consortium Curricula.
Cost of Training- $399
Upcoming Dates of Training **must be available to attend the full training time on all five dates**:
Fall 23 Session: September 19, September 26, October 3, October 10, and October 17- Registration closed
Winter 24 Session: February 6, 13, 20, 27 & March 5- Registration closes January 29
Summer 24 Session: June 18, 20, 24, 26, & 28- Registration closes June 10
Fall 24 Session: September 17, 24, October 1, 8, & 15- Registration closes September 9
Time- 9am-2pm with an hour break at 11am
Limited Scholarships are available. You can access the application ACEs SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Please complete all lines in the form below, and then submit payment using the PayPal button to complete your registration. Pay close attention that your mailing address you would like printed materials sent to is part of the registration form. You will not be considered registered until payment is received.
Registration is open and limited to 35 per session!